Philip donned head to toe in Paul Smith, he is the manager there, after all. This, my friends is how it's done. FIVE KEYS TO WEARING WHITE JEANS (GQ STYLE)
5. Bet on Black White jeans never look better than when paired with black—be it a polo shirt or a V-neck sweater.
4. Get Your Footing White sneakers work great with white jeans, as long as the sneaks have some detailing. Wear all-white tennis shoes and you’ll look like a male orderly.
3. Bring on the Sand White jeans say summer. Bring a pair with you when you head to the beach for a week and wear them with everything from flip-flops to an unbuttoned shirt.
2. Lose the Belt Do like most of the guys here and wear your white jeans without a belt for a lighter, leaner look. Just make sure the jeans fit well.
1. Pick the Right Coat And go ahead and throw on a suit jacket or sport coat. But remember: If you want to maintain the clean, minimal look of the white jeans, opt for a jacket neutral in color and without a pattern.
I finally got my Fossil Aviator watch. Been eyeing it for some time now and now it's mine. Perfect for my jacket too! Now I can look like Tom Cruise!... sort of. My folks were in Miami this month and decided to surprise me. You should just know how expensive Fossil is here compared to the U.S! Now the look is complete! Muchas Gracias.
DENIMS - H&M SHOES - VINTAGE BELT - VINTAGE SPECS - VINTAGE TIE - WOOLWORTHS JERSEY - EDGARS SHIRT - W COLLECTION
Karl proves my belief that Fashion doesn't need the luxury of a trust-fund (although I can see how that would help!). Thrift stores are great for finding fun pieces to add to a wardrobe. Everything he's wearing cost him next to nothing and it's a great look.
So I've been receiving emails requesting what I wear from time to time... I thought to oblige. This is all Paul Smith, I was having a formal-ish day and felt like some colour! The cranberry cable knit is Paul Smith too, and very cozy.
By the way it takes a real man to pull off floral!
I know it's freezing cold in Cape Town but I still can't help but look at Sandals online. Even today, with Winter well upon us, it's Sunny outside, so while I won't be donning my pink swim trunks from Paul Smith, I can somewhere in jeans and sandals! These from Tim Hamilton are $550. Yikes, but still beautiful. If you're looking to buy yourself a pair (for me, of course) then go here!
Since Fashion has moved so far ahead of itself it's only natural that we'll look back and steal from our fore-fathers. ONE of many, many styles making a strong movement in mens fashion is the Preppy look. Just see Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl! I have always appreciated Paul Smith's PS line for releasing that kind of look as a part of his brand. Well dressed men can still wear a pair of Chino's-- we just choose to roll it up a little! Basically to dress up as a rich kid who "Summers".
Here a few of the modern variations to this style:
Preppy items include: Boat shoes (see Paul Smith/D&G), Chino's, Cardigans, Sports jackets, White or off white Jeans, and Faux- University jackets.