Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photography spotlight: Patrick Hoelck

I came about the first image the way I generally do. I browse casually until something stops me dead in my tracks and thus I investigate. The first image is beautiful, almost biblical-- but that can be said of any man with a long bristly beard carrying a lamb. Yet the photography of Patrick Hoelck seems to offer more than just a two-dimensional image. And I find myself writing stories for the mili-second in-which the photograph was taken. And I do believe that makes a good photographer. The model, or anti-model as he's more commonly known is Tony Ward and his catalog is worth taking a look at too.

Photobucket
He is quite well known actually. And has many a celebrity name to under his belt, having photographed C.D covers for Maroon 5, Ciara and many more. His Polaroids are poetic and somewhat chilling. The image on the left speaks to me but the model is a little frightening- his face is not very open or honest but yet it's still beautifully shot. The image on the right is of Alicia Keys.
Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
You can find more on Hoelck online at his official site including the long list of artists and celebrities he has frozen in time, I especially liked the portraits of Zach Braff and Dita von Teese. Go have a look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs