Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MODEL MINUTE: JACQUES NAUDE

Cape Town boytjie turned New York City model Jacques Naude has featured a few times on Man of the Cloth. Naturally my interest in his career stems from the fact that he is one of us, out there making a name for himself in modeling. Along the way he has accumulated a wonderful collection for his portfolio and has done campaigns for H&M and Gant among others. Naude currently resides in Brooklyn Heights, New York. I caught up with him this week to find out more: 

1.JACQUES, WE'RE SEEING A LOT OF YOU LATELY. HOW HAS YOUR CAREER BEEN GOING? ANY CHANGES?
Yeah the fashion world's been really good to me. I've travelled the world, dined with some interesting characters, definitely opened up many doors that i'm very appreciative of. Not many changes, just going with the flow.

2. YOU ARE A SOUTH AFRICAN BOY, ONE OF MANY WHO HAVE GONE TO NEW YORK OR EUROPE TO PURSUE MODELING. DO YOU SEE A LOT OF OUR BOYS THERE?  
Funny thing, there aren't many Saffa boys out here that i know of. I've run into a couple in Europe. Its not like the days of Shaun DeWet and Damien van Zyl.

3. HOW WERE YOU DISCOVERED?
By a good friend, Marlon Stoltzman, i used to come over to NY for two-three months of the year on study leave...I was couch hopping, having fun, experiencing the city. I was broke, and Marlon suggested that i should go and see IMG. It all started from there.


4. A LOT OF MODELS I COME ACROSS HAVE OTHER JOBS/INTERESTS. WHAT ARE YOURS?.
I've always been inspired by photography and film-making. I graduated from the Red & Yelow school as an Art Director. I'm obsessed with the late Alexi Brodovitch.







5. WHAT HAS MODELING TAUGHT YOU ABOUT YOURSELF? 
Not to take myself too seriously .

6. FAVORITE DESIGNER? 
Yves Saint-Laurent. Not yet.

7. WHAT DOES YOUR WARDROBE CONSIST OF? 
Vintage and designer trade. Love Agnès B.

8. ANY PLANS TO RETURN TO OUR SHORES?
Yes, hopefully summer time, next year February!

9. HOW DO MALE MODELS GET TREATED IN GENERAL? I HAVE HEARD SOME STORIES!
You only get treated like an idiot if you act like one.



10. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MODELING HIGHLIGHT?
St. Barths...Patrick Demarchelier

11. LIST YOUR NUMBER ONE GOAL?
Being able to smile when all else fails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs