Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH RICK DAY


You have made quite a name for yourself shooting the masculine form. What do you think it is about your photographs that people love, besides the obvious?


Rick Day: I think that people like what I shoot mainly for the subject matter... I live in N.Y.C and am very lucky to have the opportunity to work with these amazing guys.  

How did you come to be a photographer?
Rick Day: I was at a bookstore and looked through a book by Bruce Weber,  I had never heard of him before and was just awestruck at his images,  I am still a huge fan of his.  After seeing his book I bought a camera and started shooting anyone that would get in front of my camera.

You have already shot two of our local boys that I’m aware of like Bryce Thompson (twice), any plans to shoot more? 
Rick Day: I love Bryce. He is not only great in front of the camera but he is to me the epitome of manliness.  And a great guy to boot.   I have shot many men from South Africa and look forward to shooting many more.  Hopefully one day I will actually shoot them in South Africa.

I have been told you are very good with your models, what do you think you do that makes them so comfortable?
Rick Day: A lot of joking and laughing.  I think that to make someone really comfortable you have to have a good sense of humor.  I always feel that the eyes and body language are really what makes a person look at ease.  And of course trust.

You don't just shoot half-naked men, in fact you have quite the portfolio, what other work do you do?
Rick Day: Thank you for actually bringing that up.  I have been shooting for 18 years... and although I love shooting half naked men I also shoot a lot of magazines, catalogues, teen magazines, singers and kids.

Your new book is coming out soon, what was the inspiration behind it?
Rick Day: The new book is actually a follow up to my first book "PLAYERS"  the new book is "PLAYERS TWO".  This series of book, to me, showcases men's athletic bodies in a very voyeuristic arena.  The men are strong and almost command that you take notice of them.

What's next for Rick Day?
Rick Day: I have been working on my next book "CASTINGS" as well as keeping myself always behind my camera shooting.  I am looking forward to growing as an artist and as a photographer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs