Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SO, YOU'RE GETTING A TATTOO.

Photobucket

Tattoos have served a popular decorative purpose for over a hundred years, but they have been dated back as far as 54BC. At this time it was customary to be tattooed for various rites of passage, initiations and even marks of fertility. Different parts of the world offered their own versions according to what they felt the tattoo could do or represent. These days however...

Photobucket

...It begs the question if it serves any purpose at all. Having something permanent applied to your skin one would imagine a little forethought would take place. Gucci Insane Mane wants you to lick his face, someone watches too much American Idol and then of course, Kimberley Vlaminck the 18-year old Belgian who thought she could sue her tattoo artist because she "fell asleep" and woke up to 56 stars tattooed to her face.

Photobucket

I have wanted to get a tattoo since I was 14 years old. Obviously I wasn't about to plant one on my body at that age but I did allow myself to ponder over my choice, which changed many times, over the years. If I tattooed every tattoo I ever wanted I would walk around with stars on my stomach, a crow on my back and the lyrics to a song on my shoulder. There is a reason you need to wait. These were all terrible ideas and needed time to marinate.

When I took a trip up to Johannesburg last month I wandered into a small tattoo shop in Parkhurst. DJ Fresh was even there. I have done this before. You walk in, say hello, discuss the tattoo you want, ask a price. This time the artist I spoke to told me to move it to another location and make it bigger. Like a lightbulb going off I had decided there and then to get it. There was chemistry.

Safety should be your main concern. Getting a tattoo is a fun experience but while you are on the chair I encourage you to look around you. Is there a biohazard container? Ask your tattoo artist what the procedure entails. Ask him to show you the new needle he will use. He should be wearing gloves and changing them every time he starts a new stage in the process.

For those of you who have never dared to get inked I took a few photographs of the process. It wasn't at all intimidating, or that painful. If your choice is right then it will all work out and you won't have regrets later on. Getting it done in the right place is key, too. Just image the thousands of Grannies who will have tramp-stamps one day.

Photobucket

A tattoo artist injects pigment into the skin's dermis (the layer of dermal tissue underlying the epidermis). After it is dispersed throughout a homogenized damaged layer the skin heals and the surface pigment is eliminated, while the pigment is trapped in fibroblasts. In tribal times a design was merely cut and ink was applied to the area. Do not to that at home!

After care is equally as important as the hygiene that comes before your tattoo. Your artist will go through this with you in detail but keeping your tattoo clean and out of the sun is imperative while healing takes place. Use Bepanthun, a baby rash ointment and do not pick at the scabbing once it occurs. You will merely ruin your tattoo and be forced to go back and have it fixed. Read this to get more information about your tattoo before you get it. 

Other than that, ENJOY! 

Photobucket
{CONTACT DARREN OR PEPE AT SA HARDCORE TATTOOS - 011 327 2812}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs