Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's your thing?

What you wear is equally as important as what you wear around your neck, but it's more personal. Unless you're a permanent fixture on a beach or you're Ricky Martin and you wear your shirts unbuttoned to the navel, it probably won't get seen all that much.

As a fashion-minded person I tend to scout for things to wear, be in a market or a second-hand store (where the best pieces are found) so when I came across an aged Anchor on a chain I had to get it. That was two years ago, and I'm still obsessed with them. I once convinced a saleswoman to take a wooden anchor off of a model ship, which I wear proudly around my neck as you read this.

So in doing so I realized that Anchors were 'my thing' and I started to collect them. You may recall D&G's theme for last years season was a Nautical one, and while wearing an anchor may be thought of as 'seasonal' it's just not for me. I am seriously considering getting an anchor tattooed on my upper-wrist (but we are going on a year now).

When I'm not wearing an anchor of some kind I'm donning something I put together in a bead shop. In Cape Town we just don't have a Top Man or any alternative, which limits our choice for accessories to purchase, leaving poor saps like me to make my own. More on that, on a later post.

What's your thing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs