Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Head Case

What with all the old styles making such a comeback it's no wonder that hats are too! A couple years ago I was permanently in a paperboy cap I bought from H&M, and then of course the 'Beanie' as we call it here in South Africa, is a staple in my wardrobe.
But I started to wonder about wearing Hats as part of more formal attire- keeping in mind once again that Cape Town is hardly suit culture as it is, although it really hasn't stopped anyone before.

Hats are certainly making their rounds as far as the runway is concerned, especially for Autumn and Winter months for obvious reasons. You'll find them trickling down to the shops soon enough if you're not already living in say, London or New York where it's already out of style a week after a release :)







BASEBALL CAPS

As far as peak caps/Baseball caps are concerned, I don't know if they fit in the statement-maker section but I'm all for them. I have a friend who is very fashionable and works in a store where she is often encouraged to wear a peak cap, and it is in fact possible to find a medium of fashionable and relaxed. I have a few baseball caps but they tend to be used more for Gym at the moment. Dolce and Gabanna show that you can in fact make something casual, look part of a hot look.



BEANIES
As I mentioned I've been doing this for years now. I still have the Abercrombie and Fitch Beanie I got as a birthday gift for my 19th. I just pull it back a little so that my forehead is open.






And here are a whole bunch of other examples I love. I think it's fantastic that we are able to bring old and new to a healthy medium. Men aren't as scared to try things as they used to be:









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs