Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TAKE IVY BOOK TO MAGAZINE

Photobucket I have known of this books existence for some time but bloggers caught wind of it not too long ago and as you would expect a million posts followed. I was pleasantly surprised to find Andrew Brauteseth had a copy when he photographed me for "Portrait of a Nation" and it was something entirely different to flip the pages myself. It certainly captures a lost era. I particularly miss the general grace the men seemed to possess, but that could also be owed to their Ivy League education.

I tried to locate the book via Exclusive Books and a couple other stores locally but it seems one can only purchase it online at stores like Amazon. I will be in the States next month and will be sure to buy myself a copy!

The "Ivy" or more commonly named "preppy" look has been in and out for a long time. Oddly enough I find myself leaning towards a more refined preppy look myself these days. But my style would still fall closer to a James Dean type from this era, unless I specifically went for the side path and loafers look.

Morten Bjarnhof, for Breuninger's Spring 2011 magazine, photographed Mathias Lauridsen and Cesar Casier in precisely the get-up we were just talking about. Clean cut men, shorter length trousers and fitted blazers, all a modern nod to the era that so many love to emulate.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs