Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, November 1, 2010

Model Minute with Eric Bester

Photobucket

You are the new face for Stiaan Louw Menswear, how do you feel about that?
I love it! I first worked with Stiaan back in 08 when I featured in his show at Cape Town fashion week and was fascinated with his clothing. When he asked me to be the face of the 6 summer campaign I was all in. The new range is amazing to say the least and I am honoured to be the face of the campaign.

You are still studying, is that correct? How do you find time to juggle a modeling career and studying full time?
Yes, I’m busy finishing up my second year of B.Comm Management Sciences (marketing and logistics) at the University of Stellenbosch as we speak. It can be difficult getting through to town sometimes, especially in season when I have exams, but the bookers at Boss Models are the best and really try help me out as much as possible. 

How did you land up in modeling?
Well, I was at a school sportsday when I was about fourteen, I had blue braces and a mop of blonde hair when Linda from Boss came over and told me she would like me to join the agency. I went over there a week later and have loved it ever since.

Certain models can be catagorized by their look, what would you say yours is?
I don’t want to be catagorised into any specific look, I want to do it all. However, since Laurence Ellise shot me a few years ago for one small seed styling a 1920’s haircut, the clients have loved that ever since.

Photobucket


What would you like to achieve through your modeling?
The big dream is to finish up my studies and then model full time. I want to do a lot of travelling through my modeling, experience the world and shoot amazing pics with the best photographers around.

Where is Eric Bester in 5 years?
Well, I will be 25 years old and in the prime of my life. Hopefully travelling around the world, shooting campaigns, doing shows and just living every day experiencing what the universe has in store for me.

Outside of a world where you have a stylist and someone doing your hair, how do you dress?
I am usually very chilled, on a normal day it’s just jeans, a vest and some slops and I’m out the door.

Where do you shop for clothing?
Being a student I don’t do as much shopping as I would like to. However, Stiaan’s new range is making its way into my closet so I’ll be joining your best dressed men in the near future.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Is there any job you would flat out refuse to do?
Work is work, I’m comfortable in my skin and trust my agency’s judgment so if they book me for a job I’ll do it. I don’t have many inhibitions. Let’s shoot! 

What has modeling taught you about yourself?
Modeling has taught me to be confident. It has taught me how to present myself and to be comfortable with who I am as an individual. Last minute castings have also taught me a few F1 driving skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs