Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Red Carpet Round-Up

Photobucket
Hollywood and fashion go hand in hand. We know this and therefor expect our starlets to arrive on the red carpet in a fetching Marchesa number and whatever latest style Louboutin has to offer. Men in Hollywood are a little bit behind in the glamour department. For whatever reason that is I can't say, but there is a difference between the general style of a quirky American actor compared to a British one. I'm not including all of Hollywood, there are some great stylish men out there, but there is a general thread that flows through. I find this to be true when I make my selection for "Friday Fashion Face-Off" week after week. Here is this past week in the red-carpet round-up:

Photobucket
RUSSELL BRAND: 
Mr. & Mrs. Brand arrived at 'The Tourist' premiere in matching ensembles this week. Katy, in an exquisite lilac Elie Saab dress while Russell decided on a dove grey velvet three-piece suit. I am quite fond of the whole look but I question the choice on matching boots. It seem just that much too much. Am I wrong in thinking this? Perhaps I'm a little more conservative, I would have gone for black boots instead. 

For a way more casual look Brand wore what could easily have come from my wardrobe. I love to mix two contrasting looks and I think he has proven to do that here. The black velvet jacket is a nice touch. It's no wonder he's gloating!

Photobucket


Photobucket
CAM GIGANDET: This young actor has come a long way since his surfer-boy style in the O.C. I am so fond of his look. He seems sharp and refined and still a bit cheeky which will no doubt cater well to the ladies. Also paring dark with light gets a big thumbs up from me. Surely this type of confidence will serve him well and who knows maybe even aid him in getting noticed for more serious roles.

Photobucket
RYAN GOSLING: It just never gets old seeing a masculine, confident man wearing paisley and owning it. He has proven he has the acting chops long ago so now it is just an added bonus that he has fantastic style too. Paisley scarf + biker jacket + Hollywood actor = a happy blogger.

ENRIQUE IGLESIAS: I'd personally like to thank same-face over here for taking no time whatsoever to get ready for an event. It is as if he just got out of bed and threw on his trainers, added a baseball cap and maybe, if we're lucky, brushed his teeth. I don't like to speak ill of celebrities but it really does grate me when a public personality makes no effort. I'd like to counter his song "I like it" with a long, pitchy version of "I don't".
Photobucket

JAMES FRANCO: Someone tell Franco Movember is over and I already notified the winner. I kid. He actually looks great in this pea-coat and bow-tie combo. Lucky for you, you can't see that he cut the sleeves off his shirt. Slightly disheveled hair but over-all a nice look for a Winter award appearance.

Photobucket
RICKY MARTIN: I... don't quite know what to say. This is a gentleman who has gone through a lot this year. Now he is doing press rounds for his book and return to music. I am just a little too disappointed with this look. It's trying too hard and I quite frankly never got into the tucking-your-jeans-into-your-boots look. Especially when the laces aren't tied. And especially over the age of 25. Martin has an insanely well built frame and I can see him in virtually any trend but these boots. A nice jacket and a simple pair of round-toe boots would make a great alternative.

Photobucket
JOHNNY DEPP: When you're the quintessential Hollywood bad-boy it leaves you with a lot of room to play with your look. Residing in France must have had some impact on his style because it's so old-worldly with a twist. His slightly wider leg, turn up and pocket watch are all beautiful details and the tinted lenses play up nicely with the blue of his shirt and this brown pin-stripe. At first I thought it wasn't fitted enough but it oddly suits him in a way it wouldn't other actors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs