Tattoos
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Table mountain is on fire!



Dear Readers, I only wish you could see what I can. Leaving "The Dubliners" pub at 1:30 am this evening I thought I could see flames coming from a near by building but upon closer inspection saw it to be none other than Table Mountain. When I say the entire mountain is engulfed in viscous flames I am not kidding. I live 15 minutes from the city centre and the flames are scary from even here, I only wish my camera could show you properly! I don't know anything yet but I hope no one is in danger, there are houses nearby but who knows if the fire has reached them yet! This is bizarrely incredible to see though, let me say. Worth staying up for! Guess we'll have to see what the newspapers say in the morning. And to think everyone is sleeping through this.




UPDATE:

According to Nowpublic.com the fire fighters were at it all night (and continue this morning) but were unable to save two houses near Vredehoek. As many as 60 were asked to evacuate. The high winds surely didn't help matters. Thank God there weren't any casualties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Designs